Thursday 1 May 2014

TOUTON DOUGH PIZZA FROM QUARTER LIFE CENTS




Newfoundlanders and Labradorians- Please be prepared to change your pizza eating habits from here on out.
Anyone from Newfoundland and Labrador knows that toutons are considered a treat by many. There are few people that would turn down a fresh, hot touton if offered one! We have a different way to use touton dough – as pizza crust!
This is the best tasting pizza crust I have ever had, and at less than $3 a bag at Coleman’s, it is quite a steal! The dough is so stretchy and delicious, you will never turn back to regular crust, I promise! I gave myself a break from eating gluten free to sample a piece of this today and it delivered as usual.
This particular pizza is piled high with spinach, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and peppers. My not-so-secret ingredient in making irresistible tasting pizza is to add pesto – I either drizzle basil pesto over it as I have on this pizza, or I substitute pizza sauce for sundried tomato pesto (great with goat cheese, but don’t take my word for it!). I literally cannot get enough pesto. Blame my boyfriend for introducing me to it.
What is your favourite pizza combination? If you’ve tried touton dough pizza crust before, how does it compare to your average pizza?