Thursday 1 May 2014

BLACK ANGUS STEAK STIR FRY


If you ask Dad what he wants for supper he will always say, “Something good.” I’m not sure what that something good is because he will never say although at the end of most meals he will always say it is the best he ever ate. He is certainly easy to please and thankfully he is because my recipes are not that advanced.
This week has been a rough one and I was lucky to think ahead and bake the Black Angus steak ahead of time and freeze. I only needed 15 minutes and this meal was done and ready to go on the plate. I like meals like that. Do you?
INGREDIENTS
  • Black Angus steak
  • Red pearl onions
  • mushrooms
  • red and green bell peppers
  • garlic paste
  • onion powder
  • coarse black pepper
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. I baked the Black Angus steak beforehand. All I needed to do was chop it up.
  2. Put the onions, mushrooms and bell peppers into a frying pan and allowed it to cook in a spoonful of oil.
  3. Sprinkle the onion powder and pepper over everything.
  4. Squirt a little garlic paste into the pan and give everything a quick turn.
  5. Add the Black Angus steak and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.