Wednesday 30 April 2014

CHOCOLATE CHIP TEA BUNS




I do love me a tea bun. I love tea buns with chocolate chips even more. If you dip them in a cup of tea, well I’m one happy girlie. These tea buns are so very simple to make. They bake quickly and they taste so good.
All you need to do is mix all the dry ingredients together. Just pop it all in your mixer and give it a couple pulses. Add your butter. I prefer a warm butter, not a running butter but I like it warm. Some swear by using really cold butter and if you like it like that, don’t hesitate to use it. Give it another three pulses or mix for 10 seconds which ever you like. Add your chocolate chips and give it a quick pulse. I like to add the milk last. Give it a 10 second mix and the bun mixture should all be banned together.
Sprinkle a little flour on your table. You can roll out the mixture but we usually free hand it and pat it down. You can use a glass to cut them out however I picked up plastic wavy shapes on Ebay and they work perfectly. I bake them on 325 for about 16 minutes. Serve with a little pat of butter. Oh dear.
Ingredients
3 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup milk